Early Childhood Family Education
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is an Osakis Public School program available to all families with children between the ages of birth to kindergarten. ECFE’s mission is to strengthen families through the education and support of all parents, helping them to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children based on the belief that parents are the first and most important teachers of their children.
The ECFE classroom is located in the Osakis Public Elementary School. A sliding fee scale is used to determine fees
A typical two hour ECFE Class Includes::
Parent/Child Activity Time ... a chance for the child and parent to play, learn, discover and
enjoy each other without the distraction of home.
A breakout session with a licensed parent educator provides support to parents in their very important job of child rearing, information on child development and discussions of parenting care. During the separation, a licensed early childhood teacher along with other caring adult helpers care for children.
For more information on ECFE classes or activities, please call
Jan Campbell at 320-859-2191 Ext. 1171, or Tera Anderson at 320-859-2191 Ext. 1169
The Osakis pre-school program offers:
* A program taught by licensed elementary education/early-childhood special education teachers.
* An inclusive preschool in which children with special education needs are integrated into the program, if appropriate, for their services.
* A curriculum that is re-evaluated each year to meet the specific needs and interests of the children in each class.
* A program that is designed to promote skills in all areas - social, self-help, academic, motor and language.
* Classes geared specifically to your child’s age group and are developmentally appropriate.
* A school setting in order to help each student become more comfortable before entering kindergarten.